Policy and Procedures
Happy Paws works to provide your dog freedom, fun and exercise. Your dog’s safety, health, and well-being are very important to us.
Happy Paws is an open environment that allows dogs the same freedom they would have at home. Your pet’s safety is important to us, therefor we will not accept dogs in our care who have a history of aggression. Our open environment is not the place for any dog who has a history of fighting with dogs. Each dog will need to pass a temperament test during a trial play session prior to staying for a full day or overnight.
Please bring in your dog’s vaccination records prior to your visit. We require your dog to be current on all standard vaccines DAPP (Distemper, Adenovirus, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza), and cat FVRCP (Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia) as well as rabies. We recommend, but do not require Bordetella (Kennel’s Cough) for your dog. It is the customer’s responsibility to keep their pet’s vaccinations current.
Food and Toys:
- Please bring in food for your dog, putting your dog’s name on his or her food is very helpful. I do not supply food, as a change in diet is very hard on your pets’ digestive system and could cause your dog to become sick.
- If your dog is on medications, please bring them in. I am a qualified VA and am trained in administering medications. Medications will need to be in original container as prescribed.
- We have lots of dog bowls, beds, and toys so you do not need to bring yours in. I do recommend bringing something familiar that has your scent as it will relieve some anxiety and stress your dog may be feeling while away from you.
- Happy Paws provides dog toys, bones, and treats. Overnight guests will receive a special bedtime treat.
Fear Free techniques:
We have implemented fear free techniques that will help alleviate any stress your pet may experience being away from you and home. This includes.
- Using positive reinforcement such as praise, treats or play as rewards.
- Relaxing music will be played during the night and during afternoon nap time.
- Recognizing communication signs and body language in animals to reduce anxiety and reduce stressful situations.
- Ensuring the environment provided is geared to reducing stress as much as possible. This includes using soft/calm voices, reducing smells, anti-slip floors, creating separate areas for cats and dogs, using pheromone to reduce stress in cats, even providing thunder shirts to reduce anxiety.
- Using handling techniques that are as gentle as possible, thus sending the message to animals that we are not threat.
Service Details and Hours of Operation:
Dog Boarding: All overnight stays include cozy accommodations, tons of play in our indoor and outdoor yards, trail walks, administration of any medications needed, lots of treats, lots of snuggles, relaxation music at bedtime, special bedtime treat. Please supply enough food to last your pets stay with us, we do not encourage changing your dogs’ diet as it may cause your pet some digestion problems.
$40/night single occupancy
$15 additional dog.
$45/night single occupancy
$15 additional dog.
$50/night single occupancy
$15 additional dog.
Doggie Day Care: Drop you dog off for the day between 8 and 9 and pick up between 4:30-5:30. Daycare will include tons of play in our indoor and outdoor yards, trail walks, administration of any medications needed, lots of treats and snuggles.
$30/day – discount offered to multiple permanent scheduled days.
Day Play with pick up and drop off: If your mornings are busy, do not worry!! We will pick your dog up between 9:30 and 10:30 with our shuttle van and bring them to Happy Paws where they will spend 3 hours playing, hiking, and snacking with friends. We will return them home between 2:30-3:30 ready for a nap.
$36/day: Areas included are Loyalist Township and Kingston West of Gardiners road. If you are outside of these boundaries, please let us know and we can look at pricing out a custom service.
Grooming: Grooming services will be offered by appointment. We will be offering Bath and tidy service, full grooming service, nail trims. Pricing to be determined by breed and coat type.
We will be taking pictures throughout the day and posting them our social media sites. This authorization will be included in our intake and waiver document.
Method of Payment we accept is: E-transfer, Cash
Daycare service are to be paid weekly and are due every Friday.
Boarding service will be paid at time of drop off and we request a 25% non-refundable deposit at time of reservation.
Grooming services are to be paid at end of each appointment.